Monday 23 May 2011

Tootsie treatment

What could be better than dipping your toes into a tank full of Garra Rufa (aka dead skin eating fish!)...

This was my treat last Saturday as I've had to work a couple of Sundays. I'm not moaning, but six day weeks working 7.30am until 6pm is taking its toll on my feet, especially in heels!


So you put your feet into the trough and then the fish swarm... a real funny sensation to begin with, almost like I'd expect acupuncture to feel. And although I don't have ticklish feet really, they certainly tickled me!


So once I was used to the sensation, these fish just carry on and exfoliate your skin. As well as feet you can have your hands done.

Like me, a few people thought that they'd focus more on your heels being the driest part, but perhaps our skin was a bit too tough to tackle as they tended to do the tops and soles of my feet.

Would I go again - you bet! The recommended sessions are every two weeks for 15mins and I can't wait to see these little fellas again soon!


1 comment:

Jackie xxx said...

WOW - I couldn't even put my hand in let alone my feet.

A bit of pampering is what every girl should have on a regular basis.

Glad you enjoyed it.

xxx