Saturday 16 July 2011

More from July

Whilst at a crop last weekend, I made a couple of layouts to add the 18th party album, so I thought that I'd share them with you!

'Being Alice' was inspired by a sketch that Kirsty Wiseman had on her blog the other day. The layout mainly uses the main kit "Fun of the Fair" along with the add-on "Show Time". I did add a few extras, including some beads which I double threaded through wire to secure them.

I'm quite into circular beads at the moment - they are relatively inexpensive and add depth to a layout. I'm also into mists (aren't we all?) but the mist failed miserably, so I embraced the drip with dignity and roughly edged round my ledger paper as if the mist was a paint. I was really pleased with the effect so it just goes to show, accidents can have happy endings!



'Mad Hatters' was just fun! Inspired by the Daily Junque paper, the quirkiness of all the elements featured on it seem perfectly apt for the photo!

Two Mad Hatters, Tweedle Dum and a pair of pink flamingoes, who I whole heartedly have to give credit to my fantastic sister-in-law for creating - I don't think you can get more random than that!


I'm almost a bit sad now the party's over - these things take so much planning, and then they're over so quick - still with 500 photos, I'm not stuck for looking back at the memories!

Oh, and I've middle step-daughter's 18th to plan for in about 16 months!


2 comments:

Emilie said...

Sam, those two LO are gorgeous! I love what you did with all the elements and the clusturing is so well done! I love them!

Jackie xxx said...

2 fab layouts, love how you have distressed and misted. Now you got me wondering what party theme you will come up with next to equal this. xxx