Sunday 6 November 2011

Over a week ago!!!

I can't believe it was only a week ago that our fantastic ScrapaGoGo retreat was over... I really miss you ladies, we have such a giggle and this retreat was no exception...

So on Saturday morning I taught 'Branching Out' using some gorgeous Websters Pages papers, along with floristry bits and bobs to create the floral cluster embellishment. I adore intricate cutting and Websters makes this task so simple with their many elements to choose from...

The photo was taken on our yurting holiday... Nina took some time out to sketch and draw on one of the two days when we had great weather! She needed red wellies and thank goodness she did as they were perfect for both our many wet days and to tonally work with this layout!


On Saturday after lunch I taught 'An Open Book', using watercolours to paint a beautiful image and incorporate onto a piece of bookplate paper. The class kit contents consisted of a selection of 6" x 6" papers which when cut into smaller squares create a fabulous patchwork effect.


This class just goes to show it's worth saving all those leftover pieces of paper to create your own patchwork background.

I'm off now to watch Strictly and X Factor results and continue with my first crochet mug cosy courtesy of Mollie Makes...





No comments: