Sunday 5 February 2012

One amazing workshop...

Yesterday Liv and I went over to Tixall, just outside Stafford for a workshop with a lady called Jennifer Collier. She runs Unit 12, a unit that houses numerous talented artists, most of whom are textiles biased.

It was the private view of their Spring Loaded collection, so we arrived for a 10am start and did a show making workshop...

Wow, it was amazing!

This was my second attempt at a baby brogue...



I (heart) it... totally so cute xxx

After getting back in some treacherous snowy conditions (luckily I was in Harv's car and not my rear wheel Merc!) I set about waxing some old newspaper and creating another shoe - the wax makes the paper stronger, more pliable and semi-transparent!


I also waxed some old dressmaking patterns to play with...

My first creations were this pair of stillettos - how pretty!

I do need to add embellishments and ribbon but fundamentally they are finished!


Off into Birmingham now to see Lost in Lace...