Friday 27 April 2012

It's been a while since I blogged a layout!

I suddenly realised it's been a while since I blogged any layouts, so I decided what better way to spend a few minutes before settling down in front of the fire to watch Friday night TV was to post...

I created both of these layouts whilst away on a girlie scrapbooking weekend back in February!

They both incorporate my love of dressmaking patterns - I love the aged instructions you get with vintage patterns and the patterns themselves, whether new or old!

Handmade by Olivia is simply that - for part of her A-Level course she had to make a garment and created this almost fairy like outfit for her sister Olivia. I dug out some older stash and used it with some recent Kaisercraft papers.


The second layout features a simple cardstock background, made textural by using my lastest fad - gesso! By brushing on paint with a dry brush leaves a fine layer of paint with a vintage feel. I found some postcards at IKEA which are cheap as chips and ideal for either distressing or simply using in layouts. I used everyone's favourite - a KI Memories swirly title...

How many of us still adore these?



No comments: