Saturday 15 September 2012

This year is whizzing by...

and we're well into September...

Summer is over, if we are lucky there may be a few sunny days yet to come and the kids are back at school.

So what better way to spend a bit of scrapping time than with the gorgeous September kit from ScrapaGoGo.


Reminiscent of school days past, with quirky little elements such as a pen nib, old fashioned seal and speech bubble stamp, it a perfect remedy as those darker nights eek in!

My first layout features a photo taken back in May by the lovely Anna Bowkis - I opted for a boudoir session with her and was so pleased with the images.


I'd had a pot of UTEE powder in my stash for some time and decided to get it out and have a play stamping into the melted powder. I don't own a melting pot so it took some time to melt enough to be able to make a full stamped speech bubble!


Having been inspired by some calligraphy I recently saw, I decided to be brave and journal using a combination of capitals and scripty style handwriting. I was extremely pleased with the results and hence they appeared on my second layout too!


The cute little envelope was made freehand, although I did make it on a piece of scrap paper first - perfect for housing the old fashioned seal that came with the kit.



1 comment:

Jackie xxx said...

Another two great layouts, love the 1st layout. x