Sunday 7 July 2013

I've solved another..

I'm getting really into the weekly challenge on CSI and this last weeks' case was no exception...

The reds and browns were certainly down my street, but coupling them with celery green wouldn't have been a colour combination that I'd have thought would work... somehow it really does!


So yesterday morning, bright and early before I left to go to my crop, the Silhouette came out as I'd decided I wanted to cut out my title and layer bands of patterned paper behind...

But what to have as a title?

I looked on the internet and came across this famous quote by Walt Disney, which seemed very apt. After a bit of manipulation, I discovered how to increase the width of each line of text to create a panel of wording - and so I was sorted!


My two elder step-daughters and I all wore matching red spotty dresses from Primark when we visited the Magic Kingdom in Orlando in the Summer of 2010 and my youngest step-daughter had a handmade Minnie Mouse costume... It was so cute to see us walking around, watching heads turn - we even got asked where others could buy the dresses from!



I have an alternative dictionary, whose entries sometimes makes me blush! In this instance the entry wasn't rude, just a definition to describe how the phrase Mickey Mouse has become synonymous with amateurish businesses!


Fingers crossed we might get back to Disney World again one year!

2 comments:

Jackie xxx said...

Another layouts beyond words - completely stunning. Love it x

Sheena said...

Another cracker Sam :)
Looks even better IRL xxx