Sunday 6 July 2014

Harry Potter World

Back in April, Harvey and I finally took the girls to Harry Potter World!

We'd been promising to do so for about a year and never got round to it! We booked tickets on Easter Sunday, and after a fairly early start arrived prompt for out 10am entry time.

Whilst Harvey managed to escape from being forced to wear a red spotted dress, like us girls did when we went to Florida, I did insist that we all had a pair of those famous glasses!




What an amazing place it is! Although I've never really watched the films or attempted the books, the attention to detail was just mind-blowing!

I'd seen friends photos of the car and motorbike, and of course we too had to oblige, it would be rude not to!



Not forgetting Privet Drive...


Having taken loads to photos, I hadn't yet had the chance to scrap any of them! That is until the Moxley crop in June.

Tracie Hudson taught three layout classes, with a further three to complete at home all using the gorgeous Homespun collection form Simple Stories.

One of the layouts, based on Project Life was perfect for using a collection of photos.


I loved completing this layout. I could dip in and out at leisure, simply crafting another square, which may have only taken me 10 minutes to do, but gave me the satisfaction of feeling I had had chance to be creative after work when time is precious...


The small touches made for a very tactile layout - one small section I'm sure I will replicate will be the use of sequins to enhance a feature.

So thank you Tracie for an amazing day, one to be repeated soon I hope!

2 comments:

Jackie xxx said...

So glad you finally got to visit the tour, and I love your layout.

Sheena said...

The Harry Potter Studios are great for new & old fans alike :)
Lo is perfect for these pics x