Monday 25 August 2014

Creating with goodies from Hey Little Magpie

And so the 25th of the month sees my turn to reveal what I've been up to with a selection of very yummy goodies from the Hey Little Magpie shop…

I'm actually enjoying the sites and sounds of Istanbul today - were visiting the worlds biggest market and boy it's BIG!

But back to more scrapping related issues… I decided to pick from a selection of new releases in the Hey Little Magpie shop, including 'Story of Us' and 'Good Day Sunshine' both by Simple Stories and 'Me-ology' from Fancy Pants…

Be Serious used a background frame cut on my silhouette and then a selection of the sections was backed with a couple of papers from the Story of Us collection and then clusters of die cuts created depth to certain sections.



How cute are these - so aptly named "bits and pieces"


Some Bunny Loves You came together so easily - once my title had been cut on the silhouette, I used a red ink and blended the colour to frame the title. By back mounting with book text and then adding back in the die-cut adds both interest and enables you to add layers behind the title…


I just love the word ephemera… I always find it so hard to say, let alone spell!


Lastly You Colour My Life Beautiful enabled me to play with a recent purchase - my gelatos… Once I'd got over the angst of simply opening the box, enough was enough - I got brave and used them! I LOVE THEM… you can really build up the colour, from very subtle to strong and vibrant and unlike more congenital paints, the paper doesn't get all soggy!


The B side of the 2 x 12 elements paper was the perfect starting point to create a fun and vibrant layout using the paint swatch panel


I've already got plenty of ideas for next months product - check out Life Emporium by Teresa Collins cause I certainly will be!

1 comment:

Sheena said...

Loving your Lo's as always Sam.
Great different ways with title words... might have to try them myself xxx