Saturday 2 August 2014

UKScrappers 2014 Summer Scrapbooking Challenge

Having recently become a member of the Creative Team for Hey Little Magpie has enabled me to connect with some wonderful likeminded scrappers including Niki Rowland, who I already knew from the GoGoGetaways.

When Niki invited me to create a sample layout for a Summer Scrapbooking Challenge 2014 over on UKScrappers. I jumped at the chance!




The layout, for Challenge 6 is based on a colour palette of peaches and greens, and uses a multitude of different patterned papers, ideal for using up all those scraps of papers that we all seem guilty of saving.



Using a Silhouette heart cut file by Wilna Furstenberg, I created an ombre effect through a series of patterned papers - 44 papers to be precise! The file cut a series of hearts and I can confirm that each and every heart was filled with a different patterned paper! It might be a labour of love, but I find the arranging and sticking of the papers very therapeutic indeed! Sad but oh so true!



Embellishments from some of the recent Maggie Holmes and Amy Tan releases were a perfect match to the colours on the layout, but keeping them simple didn't detract from the array of decorative papers.



No comments: